Weddings are limited to Maranatha Bible Church members only.
Marriage is the second most important decision you will ever make. The foremost decision in life is receiving Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and committing your life to Him. That life-changing commitment to Christ will serve you well in determining your life partner and devoting yourself to that partner. Marriage is the original and foundational institution of human society, established by God as a one-flesh, covenantal union between a man and a woman that is life-long (until separated by death), exclusive (monogamous and faithful), and it is to reflect the relationship between Christ and the Church. (Genesis 1:27-28, 2:18, 21-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 5:22-33; Galatians 5:16-21) Read our full affirmation of faith here. We have developed a philosophy of ministry to premarital couples which we believe is consistent with God’s Word. God has established high standards for Christian men and women who are preparing themselves for marriage. As a result, there are principles to which we hold closely, that are fundamental for us, and must be accepted by you, if we are to be involved in your wedding.
- Both individuals must be believers – 2 Corinthians 6:14
- Couples may not be living together – Hebrews 13:4; 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
- Couples must complete our premarital counseling requirement – Proverbs 11:14, 20:18
- We will not marry divorced persons who did not have biblical grounds for their initial divorce – Matthew 19:7-12; 1 Corinthians 7:15-16
By agreeing to these principles, you are agreeing to be under the authority of and accountable to the elders of Maranatha Bible Church for the marriage vows you make before God and man. If you have questions regarding these principles, our pastoral staff is available to discuss them with you. If these principles which we adhere to, fit your personal beliefs and lifestyle, we encourage you to begin the process by filling out the Premarital Information Questionnaire. Once the questionnaire is returned, the pastor designated on the questionnaire (or another pastor if none is designated) will contact you. When the pastor agrees to perform your wedding we will place your wedding on the calendar. A deposit of $150 will be due at that time.
Standard Wedding Fee
- Member – $350
$150 deposit due: will confirm wedding, balance due one month prior to wedding.
- Building Usage (1 hr. rehearsal and 6 hr. max. on wedding day)
- Wedding Ceremony Coordinator
- Audio-Visual Tech (basic sound & lighting, one picture projection)
- Custodial Services
- Each ½ hr. overtime for rehearsal – $25.00
- Running Power Point or video presentation (prepared by you or other) – $150.00
NOTE: The wedding fee does not include an honorarium to the officiating pastor. If the pastor does not have a specific fee, Maranatha suggests $100. You may want to adjust this amount based on your relationship with the pastor. It is most often presented on rehearsal night. Soloists/musicians have their own fees and payment procedures.
As a general rule, we do not schedule weddings on the following holiday weekends:
- New Year’s
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
Occasionally there are other major events at the church that prohibit use of the auditorium for weddings. Maranatha reserves the right to deny the use of their building for any wedding at their discretion.
- Weddings will be limited to Maranatha Bible Church member(s). Any exceptions to this rule must be approved by the Director of Church Operations.
- The bride and groom must profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior..
- The officiating pastor will interview the couple regarding their spiritual walk, moral integrity, and personal lifestyle.
- It is mandatory for the bride and groom to attend all required premarital counseling sessions. For more information concerning these sessions, call the church office.
- There should be no known violations to the Biblical guidelines for marriage. Cases involving divorce must be discussed with one of the pastors of Maranatha Bible Church.
- The minister performing the ceremony will be one of the Maranatha Bible Church pastors. If a pastor other than a Maranatha Bible Church pastor is requested to officiate, it must be approved by the senior pastor or Elders.
- No more than two (2) weddings can be scheduled to take place on the same day with a four (4) hour gap between weddings.
- Weddings will not be scheduled in conflict with the ministries of the church.
- Use of tobacco is not allowed anywhere in the church facilities. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited anywhere on the church property.
- Confetti, rice, birdseed, and glitter may not be used on the church property.
- No dancing or choreography is permitted as a part of the wedding ceremony or reception held in Maranatha Bible Church facilities.
- The operation of all AV/sound equipment must be performed by Maranatha Bible Church AV/sound personnel.
If you have read the information above in full, please fill out the contact form: Wedding Contact Form After you have contacted the church office, please fill out the Premarital Questionnaire: Premarital Questionnaire Your wedding is not booked until you have filled out the completed questionnaire, and someone from our office has spoken with you and confirmed that the date is available, and that your wedding is on our calendar.